A missed blog birthday.

So, just like this, I realise my blog is one year older and I forgot again about it!

3 years, 1 month and 2 weeks! ^^





Feels like a long time when I think of all the great things that happened since I started :

- the first posts with my first big catering contract for the London Wildlife Trust at the House of Commons
- the blog becoming quite quickly a bilingual blog thanks to Sharon's request.

- the debut of the Baking Club and the fun afternoons we had, baking together or enjoying massive cake picnics with happy kids.

- The ongoing relationship with ICI LONDRES Magazine for their monthly recipe column.

- The genesis of Petit Gâteau and what would become one of the most important business adventure in my life (so far. I've still got time to do something bigger)

- The first call to join bloggers events and meet people as crazy as me when it comes to take pictures before starting to eat a meal.

- The North London Artisan Market adventure that lasted approx 18months with Beulah and all the great friends I met on the market, both traders and customers.

- The travels to Korea and how it definitely changed my life and is still influencing my present and designing my future.



And then, well, life got in the way. I came back from Korea last October and struggled a bit to get back into things. I met some great people over there and some fantastic opportunities started to line up. But I had to come back to London.

After my return, I think I was lucky to meet another person who would change and shape the next following months. I met a talented, but sometimes hot/short tempered and restless, Korean Chef who had just opened his restaurant just around the corner from my house.

I went there because I was in need of comfort food (aka Kimchi Jjigae) : from the first mouthful, I understood that this restaurant would become my little part of Seoul in London.
It has now been 9 months since we started working together and I think we can really go somewhere with the restaurant.
But I'll tell you more about this another time. Maybe.

The fact is, as much as I enjoy blogging, there is not so much time left in my days at the moment to just sit and write and edit pictures. My energy is dedicated to make the restaurant AND Petit Gâteau thrive. And that's a lot of work. I've still  got a lot of things to share (restaurants reviews, recipes, slices of life...) but I really don't know when I'll be able to sit down and put it black on white.

So please, as they say here, "keep calm and ...wait on for me" !












0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Any thought? Don't be shy!